Thread: Help with a very short text

Native language
    Polish

Help with a very short text

Hello,

I don't know any Russian. I tried hard to figure this out, and below is what I came up with. The text is just for 1 line for a comedy script. We have this bada** Russian actor (fake character) who comes to our town and he says this line. Could you please help me to make it grammatically correct? First English text, than the translation:

My last film I was acting in, was "Mission Impossible" with Tom Cruise. I was the bad guy who wanted to kill everyone and I got killed himself. Not by accident, just Tom Cruise, I mean Ethan Hunt, killed me. Bustard.

Мой последний фильм, который я действовал, была "Миссия невыполнима" с Tom Cruise. Я был плохим парнем, который хотел убить всех, и я убили себя. Не случайно, просто Tom Cruise, я имею в виду Ethan Hunt, убили меня. Дрофы.

Thanks.

Native language
    russian

Re: Help with a very short text

Последний фильм, в котором я сыграл, был "Миссия невыполнима" с Томом Крузом (в главной роли). Я был плохим парнем, который хотел всех убить, но погиб сам. Нет, не в результате несчастного случая, это Том Круз, то есть Итан Хант, меня убил. Гад.
    I think that the last word is "bastard"

Native language
    Polish

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunio View Post
    Последний фильм, в котором я сыграл, был "Миссия невыполнима" с Томом Крузом (в главной роли). Я был плохим парнем, который хотел всех убить, но погиб сам. Нет, не в результате несчастного случая, это Том Круз, то есть Итан Хант, меня убил. Гад.
    I think that the last word is "bastard"

)))) THANKS!

Native language
    Russian

My last film I was acting in, was "Mission Impossible" with Tom Cruise. I was the bad guy who wanted to kill everyone and I got killed himself. Not by accident, just Tom Cruise, I mean Ethan Hunt, killed me. Bustard.

Последний фильм, в котором я снимался- "Миссия невыполнима" с Томом Крузом. Я играл негодяя, который собирался всех перестрелять, но в итоге убили меня. Не случайно...просто Том Круз, т.е. этот...Этан Хант, застрелил меня.

Bastard I won't translate. My question is for the word kill. Normally it will be translated with убивать, in this context it is more natural to say "shot"...is the meaning the same in original? I suggest to say перестрелять (to kill every one one by one with a gun) and застрелили (to shoot dead)

Native language
    Polish

Hey guys, is the translation correct?

I tricked those fools! I will be famous! Hollywood is waiting for me!
    Я обманул этих дураков! Я буду знаменитым! Голливуд ждет меня!

And that's how I tricked your silly society into thinking I was a famous actor! I'll be famous now!
    И это, как я обманул ваши глупые общества, думая, я был известным актером! Я буду известным сейчас!

Thanks!

Native language
    Russian

Quote Originally Posted by Strzykafka View Post
    I tricked those fools! I will be famous! Hollywood is waiting for me!
    Я обманул этих дураков! Я буду знаменитым! Голливуд ждет меня!
    Correct.

And that's how I tricked your silly society into thinking I was a famous actor! I'll be famous now!
    И это, как я обманул ваши глупые общества, думая, я был известным актером! Я буду известным сейчас!
    English construction "And that's how..." is usually translated as Вот как...
    Society is singular here, so - ваше общество. But not sure without the context общество is correct word. Maybe компания or smth like that.
    Обманул ... думая means one subject in Russian: I tricked and I thought. But you need two subjects (I and soceity), so it must be rephrased (e.g. заставив думать, поверить or притворяясь).

Just noticed it's not your translation but Google's. Not fair.