Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: I hate you.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Native language
    USA, English
    Posts
    142

    I hate you.

    Ciao a tutti - I need your assistance.

    How do you say: I hate you and never want to speak to you again!

    Grazie!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rome
    Native language
    Italy - Italian
    Age
    31
    Posts
    822

    Re: I hate you.

    Quote Originally Posted by msantiago
    Ciao a tutti - I need your assistance.

    How do you say: I hate you and never want to speak to you again!

    Grazie!
    Ciao!

    "Ti odio, e non intendo rivolgerti mai più la parola!"
    Se penso a come ho speso male il mio tempo che non tornerà, non ritornerà più.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Native language
    USA/California--English
    Posts
    2,584

    Re: I hate you.

    Ti odio e non volgio mai ancora parlarti.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Native language
    Italy Language:Italian
    Posts
    3,246

    Re: I hate you.

    Quote Originally Posted by DAH
    Ti odio e non voglio parlarti mai piu'.
    Cosi' va meglio.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Native language
    U.S.A. english
    Posts
    1,435

    Re: I hate you.

    Ti odio e non ti parlo mai piu.

    would this be acceptable?
    Corrections welcomed.

    TEAMWORK... means never having to take all the blame yourself.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Italy
    Native language
    Italian
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,803

    Re: I hate you.

    acceptable, but better
    ti odio e non ti parlerò mai più....

    maybe a 6 years old child (and a 35 years old grown up big child or a 37 y.o. grown up girl) would say
    ti odio e non ti parlo più... gnè gnè gnè(making faces)
    Last edited by Alfry; 20th January 2006 at 11:29 PM. Reason: added: or a 37 y.o. grown up girl

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas USA
    Native language
    USA
    Age
    69
    Posts
    1,749

    Re: I hate you.

    Quest'è la raggione per non tatuarsi colle parole d'amore.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rome
    Native language
    Italian, ITALY
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,051

    Re: I hate you.


    If you don't put there the lover's name, you can always reuse it...

    Quote Originally Posted by carrickp
    Quest'è la ragione per non tatuarsi (colle) parole d'amore.
    PS
    I have never seen Quest'è, but I am not sure it's wrong

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Native language
    USA, English
    Posts
    142

    Re: I hate you.

    Grazie mille. I knew "I hate you" is "ti odio" it's like Spanish. Anyhow, the reason I asked for a translation of this phrase is because a couple of guys at my office were trying to say things in different languages. They were just having fun. They asked me because I speak Spanish and po' l'italiano and peu de francais. (Pardon my grammar)

    Buon fine settimana

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Native language
    English, uSA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    527

    Re: I hate you.

    Quote Originally Posted by msantiago
    Grazie mille. I knew "I hate you" is "ti odio" it's like Spanish. Anyhow, the reason I asked for a translation of this phrase is because a couple of guys at my office were trying to say things in different languages. They were just having fun. They asked me because I speak Spanish and un po' d'italiano and un peu de francais. (Pardon my grammar)

    Buon fine settimana
    Francais needs the little hook on the C but I can't remember how to make it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rome
    Native language
    Italy - Italian
    Age
    31
    Posts
    822

    Re: I hate you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Balian
    Francais needs the little hook on the C but I can't remember how to make it.
    I guess that this is the little hook---> français
    Se penso a come ho speso male il mio tempo che non tornerà, non ritornerà più.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NY
    Native language
    US, English
    Posts
    9,174

    Re: I hate you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Balian
    Francais needs the little hook on the C but I can't remember how to make it.
    cedilla = the little hook

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Native language
    USA/California--English
    Posts
    2,584

    Re: I hate you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommaso Gastaldi

    If you don't put there the lover's name, you can always reuse it...
    PS
    I have never seen Quest'è, but I am not sure it's wrong
    T, sono sicura che qual e' = quale ma non credo che esista quest'e'.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Reykjavík, Ísland
    Native language
    UK English
    Posts
    18,506

    Re: I hate you.

    Alt+0231 = ç

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Udine, IT
    Native language
    Italy, Friulian/Italian
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12

    Re: I hate you.

    Ç = Alt+0199

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Udine, IT
    Native language
    Italy, Friulian/Italian
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12

    Re: I hate you.

    Quest'è is not a mistake. It is a contraction of 'Questo/a è'. Anyway I wouldn't use it in a formal text.

    Cheers

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Native language
    italy, italian
    Posts
    143

    Re: I hate you.

    Quote Originally Posted by rick_ud View Post
    Quest'è is not a mistake. It is a contraction of 'Questo/a è'. Anyway I wouldn't use it in a formal text.

    Cheers
    Frankly i've never heard 'quest'è', and never read it anywhere as well.... However, i wouldn't say it's a mistake, it is possible it is an archaic form, and i'm sure it is comprehensible to native speakers.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Native language
    italia
    Posts
    1

    Re: I hate you.

    Ti odio, e non ti parlerò mai più.
    But if you want to be more impressive you can say:
    Ti odio e manco a morire ti rivolgerò la parola.

    That means that even if i'm going to die i'll not talk to you..

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    CA
    Native language
    United States
    Posts
    1,161

    Re: I hate you.

    Quote Originally Posted by rick_ud View Post
    Quest'è is not a mistake. It is a contraction of 'Questo/a è'. Anyway I wouldn't use it in a formal text.

    Cheers
    CHE COSA!? Sono detto qui che non si dice mai 'Quest'è'. Forse suonerebbe così, ma sono detto che non si nè scrive nè dice.

    Forse sono sbagliato...
    No URLs in signatures. Please read the rules.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Reykjavík, Ísland
    Native language
    UK English
    Posts
    18,506

    Re: I hate you.

    Intendevi dire "ho detto" ? Se no, perché hai detto "sono detto" ? Non capisco..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •