Thread: Persian: سنگامونو با هم واکندیم

Native language
    Arabic/Persian(larestani)

Persian: سنگامونو با هم واکندیم

Salaam

I heard this in an Iranian serial called "جایزه بزرگ" but could not understand it. I think the verb here is > "واکندن" right? but still can't understand the whole phrase, can you explain it please?
    Thanks

Native language
    Persian

Re: Persian: سنگامونو با هم واکندیم

It means to compare the weight of two stones when they're put on a balance scale.

واکندن is a rare word, at least I never had heard of it before, had to consult my dictionary.

سنگامونو =سنگ ها مون رو = سنگ هامان را

سنگامونو با هم واکندیم = we compared(weighed relative to one another) our stones (masses used on the pan of a balance scale)
    Last edited by Aryamp; 30th March 2013 at 5:48 PM.

Native language
    persian

In the past time, there were different weighing systems in different towns. so there were always some quarrels when the people wanted to sell and buy something. So, at first they examined their balance stones with those which were accepted by trustees. This was called "سنگها را واكندن".
    Nowadays, when people discuss about an issue in order to reach an agreement, they say"نشستيم با هم حرف زديم و سنگامونو با هم واكنديم"

Native language
    Arabic/Persian(larestani)

Thank you for answering

Nowadays, when people discuss about an issue in order to reach an agreement...
    I thought it meant reconciliation (or to reconcile in this case) anyway it is a very close guess