Thread: Gol de Inglaterra

Native language
    Spanish

Gol de Inglaterra

Hola:
    Bueno dado que estamos en pleno Mundial, uno no sabe como traducir expresiones como:

¡Gol de Inglaterra!

¡Gol del Chelsea! por poner ejemplo de un equipo de futbol de la Premier, en el que se emplee la preposición 'de' y el artículo 'el' formando el contracto 'del'

Mi intento sería:

England goal!

Chelsea goal!

No sé si es correcto , espero sugerencias gracias y un saludo.
    Last edited by Spanish lost in abroad; 25th June 2010 at 12:00 AM.

Native language
    English (Aztlán, US sector)

Re: Goal by England!

England/Chelsea score! (en británico)
    England/Chelsea scores! (en americano)

A goal for England/Chelsea!
    saludos

Native language
    Spanish - Chile

Re: Gol de Inglaterra!

Puedes encontrar esta expresión, y muchas más relacionadas con el fútbol, siguiendo el enlace dado en el cuarto tema de la lista temas:

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1822754

Native language
    Spanish

Re: Gol de Inglaterra!

¡Muchas gracias!

Native language
    Spanish - Peru

Re: Goal by England!

Quote Originally Posted by aztlaniano View Post
    England/Chelsea score! (en británico)
    England/Chelsea scores! (en americano)

A goal for England/Chelsea!
    I concur.
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes!

Native language
    English - England

Re: Gol de Inglaterra

We need to know the context. Who is saying "Gol de Inglaterra!" or "Gol de Chelsea"?

A BE speaker providing live commentary on a televised match would be more likely to use the present perfect than the simple present: "Defoe ..... He's scored!" and "England have scored" rather than "Defoe .... He scores" and "England score."

"It's a goal!" is an option for a BE-speaking commentator. A BE-speaking commentator would be less likely to say "A goal for England!" (without a verb).

If I am watching the match on television and decide to report the scoring of a goal to someone who is not watching it, I use the present perfect: "Derby have scored!"
    Last edited by sound shift; 25th June 2010 at 10:09 AM.
    It's the short words that get you.

Native language
    Español, Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by sound shift View Post
    We need to know the context. Who is saying "Gol de Inglaterra!" or "Gol de Chelsea"?

A BE speaker providing live commentary on a televised match would be more likely to use the present perfect than the simple present: "Defoe ..... He's scored!" and "England have scored" rather than "Defoe .... He scores" and "England score."

"It's a goal!" is an option for a BE-speaking commentator. A BE-speaking commentator would be less likely to say "A goal for England!" (without a verb).

If I am watching the match on television and decide to report the scoring of a goal to someone who is not watching it, I use the present perfect: "Derby have scored!"
    Great ! but, what about you shouting a goal of England or your football/soccer team in the middle of the crowd in Wembley, for instance, or in front of a TV set? If I would be watching a match of ARGENTINA or INDEPENDIENTE (my football/soccer team) I would shout GOOOOL !!! if one of them scored a goal.

Best wishes.

Native language
    English (Aztlán, US sector)

I have to admit that I'm basing myself on my recollection of American hockey, football and basketball commentary, where the present is always used. "Jones shoots and he scores!" is heard constantly in basketball and hockey.
    In baseball, the simple present dominates as well, at least in my recollection. It's a home run for Jones! Smith scores from second on Brown's single to right.
    A-Rod's double brings home the runners on first and second. Two more runs for the Yankees here at the bottom of the eighth.
    saludos

Native language
    English - England

Quote Originally Posted by Red Blood View Post
    Great ! but, what about you shouting a goal of England or your football/soccer team in the middle of the crowd in Wembley, for instance, or in front of a TV set? If I would be watching a match of ARGENTINA or INDEPENDIENTE (my football/soccer team) I would shout GOOOOL !!! if one of them scored a goal.

Best wishes.
    If I'm at a football match and my team scores, I shout "Yeah!!!" I'm not untypical in that respect.

Un saludo y "Dale Roooo"
    It's the short words that get you.

Native language
    Español, Argentina

If I'm at a football match and my team scores, I shout "Yeah!!!" I'm not untypical in that respect.

Un saludo y "Dale Roooo"
    Thank you very much my friend for the explanation, the greeting and the last 2 words which make me happy

Best wishes