Thread: FR: see to cleaning up the kitchen

Native language
    English - Canada

FR: see to cleaning up the kitchen

I've been applying for jobs and handing out my resume (or CV) and there's one small part on my resume that I'm not sure if I need to change. It's the job description on a previous job that I had in bullet points. It goes like this:

Restaurant ABC (2006-2010)
    Aide général de cuisine
    • Plongeur
    • Voir au rangement de la cuisine ***
    • Préparation des aliments

*** That second part of the description is what I'm not sure if I should change or not. Is "voir" the way it is make it sound like present-tense and sound like I'm still working there? Or is it just the name of the verb and it's fine? What do you guys think?

Native language
    Français

Re: Should I change the tense?

That line is fine, as it simply describes the task; it does not imply that you're still doing it. (Especially since that job ended in 2010. )

Native language
    French – Switzerland

Re: FR: see to a task

I would never say voir à in this context. I'd rather drop the verb, which by the way would be more consistent with the other items in the list using nouns, not verbs: rangement de la cuisine.

Native language
    Français

Re: FR: see to cleaning up the kitchen

I agree with you about the consistency, MC, but that notwithstanding, I'd like to know why you feel that voir à is inappropriate. ?? It's pretty usual where English91 and I live, at any rate.

Native language
    French – Switzerland

Re: FR: see to cleaning up the kitchen

It would not be incorrect to use it of course, but for some reason it just sounds strange to me in the context of a resume.