1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

θα σπάσω στον καημό σου

Discussion in 'Ελληνικά (Greek)' started by Σικελία για πάντα, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Γεια σας, Ελληνίδες και Έλληνες! Κατ' αρχήν, ζητάω συγνώμη για τα λανθασμένα μου Ελληνικά: άρχισα να τα σπουδάζω πέντε μήνες πριν!
    Θα ήθελα να γνωρίζω την ακριβή μετάφραση της φράσης στον τίτλο: μήπως σημαίνει "I'll burst into your desire"; H λέξη "καημός" τι τύπο αισθήματος εκφράζει ακριβώς;
    Αυτή η φράση την άκουσα στο τραγούδι "Πέρασα χτες".

Σας ευχαριστώ εκ των προτέρων και σας στέλνω φιλάκια από τη Σικελία! :*

2. Andrious Senior Member

"Burst" sounds good but "desire" not. The song says about a man who loves a woman who is about to marry another guy. So he doesn't feel just desire for her but also distress. I think that "I'll burst into your desire" fits better for a love that has quite chances of happy ending. In your case, I find it difficult to make a precise translation in greek. I would say "I'll burst from the distress ('cause I can't have you)".

3. Eυχαριστώ πολύ!

4. ireney

ireney Modistra

U.S.A.
    Greek Greece
    Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

You've got to take the rest of the sentence into account (which is why we like context ;) )

σαν μια συρμάτινη χορδή
    θα σπάσω στον καημό σου

See that changes the meaning. He will break like a metal string (guitar string I would say) from unrequited love for this woman. Note that the use of "στο" here, the way I see it, has more to do with poetic license than proper Greek. Από would be a better preposition to use.

5. τώρα καταλαβαίνω κάτι περισσότερο! μου αρέσει τόσο πολύ η γλώσσα σας, είναι τέλεια :) eυχαριστώ!