1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Замучался

Discussion in 'Русский (Russian)' started by tristein, Aug 15, 2013.

1. tristein Junior Member

US
    American English
    Hello,

I'm reading the following article online:

http://www.snob.ru/profile/26703/blog/63722

Here are the first two sentences of the article.

"Замучался уже отвечать на вопросы, почему «Альпина Паблишер» поддерживает Навального и я подписал его «Социальный контракт». Отвечу более-менее развернуто."

I get the gist of it, but I'm not sure exactly what the word "
    Замучался" is meant to convey. I'm also a little unclear on the connotation of "подписал" in this context. I would appreciate any help shedding some light on the usage of these terms.

Thanks in advance!

2. Ёж! Senior Member

Русский
    «Замучался» means he feels very tired to answer questions; he 'got very tired'. Here the prefix «за» means the last degree of having the feeling, "very". As for «подписал», I just don't know what it means, because I have no idea what his «Социальный контракт» is. If this is a political programme, then the connotation is very neutral, like he formally agreed and is now under moral obligation.

3. tristein Junior Member

US
    American English
    Thanks, Ёж! so the implication is that he's tired because people keep asking him about it, and so he published his answer in an attempt to close the books on the question so to speak?

4. Ёж! Senior Member

Русский
    Exactly.___

5. tristein Junior Member

US
    American English
    Thank you!

6. Saluton Senior Member

Moscow, Russia
    Russian
    Подписал means signed, what else could it mean? The "social contract" is here.

7. tristein Junior Member

US
    American English
    Thank you for the link!

8. Colora Junior Member

USA, Denver, CO
    Byelorussian
    Fed up, sick of, tired of
    He has a strong distaste from the surfeit of identical questions. He is fed up of answering questions about.....