1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Обобщение опыта

Discussion in 'Русский (Russian)' started by mfj, Nov 7, 2013.

1. mfj Junior Member

Russia
    English - UK
    Hi! I'm not sure how to translate the following sentence:
    "решение о разработке системы было принято на основе обобщения опыта разработки системы электронного документооборота для крупного заказчика".

Here's my current attempt:
    "The decision to develop the system was made based on a wealth of experience in developing document automation for a major customer."

I'm really not confident that that's correct, though. I know literally "обобщение" = "generalisation" or "synthesis" but in the context of "обобщение опыта" does it mean something specific?

Спасибо огромное!

2. learnerr Senior Member

Russian
    Hi,
    It means drawing conclusions first of all. Nothing really specific, I think. Drawing conclusions from that experience in this case; the decision was made based on those conclusions.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  3. willem81 Senior Member

Russia
    Russian
    решение о разработке системы было принято на основе обобщения опыта разработки системы электронного документооборота для крупного заказчика

It seems that here обобщение is close in meaning to 'summarization'. They summed up all their practical approaches to the development of document automation and, based on that, made a decision.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013