Спасибо, не пьем.

Discussion in 'Русский (Russian)' started by word gumshoe, Mar 25, 2013.

1. word gumshoe Senior Member

TEHRAN IRAN
    persian
    Hi every one,

I am looking for a word that completes the following ellipsis It should be sacrilege and humor. I don't know Russian please give me its translation.

a monk is offered a drink on behalf of peasants and he rejected it and said: "Spasibo ne p'em."(Thank you, we don't drink). A clown retorted and said: "I bab ne..."(And women we don't...)

What is the last word of the clown?

2. bibax Senior Member

Czech
    I'll try to answer despite my little knowledge of Russian.

I know "мы пиво пьем и баб ебём:warn:" (we drink beer and fuck the women) or "водку пьём,  баб ебём:warn:" (we drink vodka and fuck the women) thus I think the clown said "and we don't fuck the women".

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
  3. word gumshoe Senior Member

TEHRAN IRAN
    persian
    Thank you very kindly.

4. bibax Senior Member

Czech
    I can add that it rhymes in Russian (unlike in English): пьём (piom, we drink) --- ебём (yebiom, we fuck)

5. word gumshoe Senior Member

TEHRAN IRAN
    persian
    Exactly it rhymes thank you. You helped me in this complicated issue.

6. FairOaks Junior Member

Sofia
    Bulgarian
    Are you sure you're not referring to that dialogue in «Андрей Рублев»:
    — Может, бражки выпьете? Смотри, как вымокли.
    — Спасибо, не пьем.
    — И баб не трясем!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  7. bibax Senior Member

Czech
    Certainly yes, it is a dialogue from the movie "Andrey Rublyov". I found the following comment:
    The bold text translates: And his phrase "И баб не ...[заглушено ржачем]" was replaced by "И баб не трясём".

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  8. word gumshoe Senior Member

TEHRAN IRAN
    persian
    Sorry buddies i cannot understand Russian

9. Duya Senior Member

Not in WR world
    Whatever
    The bottom line is that, in the movie, censors bowdlerized the word ебём "[we] fuck" into трясём "[we] shake".

10. FairOaks Junior Member

Sofia
    Bulgarian
    Well, according to the excerpt provided by bibax, the expletive was muffled by roaring laughter in the director's cut, whereas we can at least hear a euphemism in the abridged film version. I don't know… I suppose it's pretty clear to everybody what was really meant in both cases.