УКОМ

Discussion in 'Русский (Russian)' started by patriciachingiz, Oct 28, 2013.

1. patriciachingiz

patriciachingiz Senior Member

Boston USA
    English - American
    Здравствуйте!

I am guessing that this might be an acronym for some kind of position/job, but I cannot find it.

This guy who is talking has mailed a package to a company but they cannot find it. It was sent through Russian Post with a tracking number.

He is describing his phone conversation with the guy at the company who can't find the package, (from context I guess he means on the website): "УКОМ пришла. Он говорит, "я не могу пробить ее. Зайдите еще раз на почту." На почту зашел, пробивать все нормально."

My guess is that some kind of manager showed up to help? And said that he could not find the package? He told the customer to go to the post office again. The customer went, and said that he found it, no problem. (We find out later in the conversation that the package is, in fact, at its destination city post office, but has not yet been delivered.).

Спасибо большое!

2. learnerr Senior Member

Russian
    Have no idea. Just a question: why don't you ask them? I think, they know better than anyone.

3. rusita preciosa

rusita preciosa Modus forendi

USA (Φιλαδέλφεια)
    Russian (Moscow)
    Did you see it in writing? Was it all caps like an acronym?
    If you heard it, where is the stress?

4. patriciachingiz

Boston USA
    English - American
    Thanks. Unfortunately, it is a conversation two people removed, a recording, so my ear could be totally wrong, but it sounded like UKOM, with the stress on the U. What I thought was weird, too, was that it was "УКОМ пришла", but "Он говорит".

Thanks again.

5. patriciachingiz

Boston USA
    English - American
    Sorry, accent is on KOM.

6. Saluton Senior Member

Moscow, Russia
    Russian
    It may be the name of the company.
    ('Look for the answer first' is rule 1 of the forum, did you forget about it?)