включиться в кого-н

Discussion in 'Русский (Russian)' started by slavicist89, Jan 10, 2013.

1. slavicist89 Junior Member

English - England
    Dear all, I thought I'd put this to your expertise. The verb 'включться в что' seems to mean 'to enter into something' or 'to join in', but these definitions make little sense in the following sentence: 'Бывает, что в какой-то день известный человек включается в меня и ярчайшей вспышкой открывается с неожиданной стороны'. I can only guess what this means, but I thought perhaps 'sometimes a well-known figure decides to confide in me and, all of a sudden, opens up an unexpected side'. Am I close?

2. Garbuz Senior Member

Russian
    Need more context. This seems to be the author's invention. As a stand alone sentence doesn't make any sense.

3. rusita preciosa

rusita preciosa Modus forendi

USA (Φιλαδέλφεια)
    Russian (Moscow)
    I can also only guess what that means... It seems like an awkward attempt to be clever/sophisticated?

My guess is that the person discovers for herself a celebrity and the celebrity opens up to her from an unexpected angle .

Can you tell us where you found that and what is the context? That may help.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  4. morbo Senior Member

Русский
    My guess: "It sometimes happens that one day I find myself switched on to a person I've already known and I see him or her in a way I haven't expected bla-bla..."...

If "известный" doesn't mean "a celebrity"...

5. rusita preciosa

rusita preciosa Modus forendi

USA (Φιλαδέλφεια)
    Russian (Moscow)
    :thumbsup:
    That's another possibility: a person I know rather than a celebrity.

6. slavicist89 Junior Member

English - England
    Ah yes, context, sorry - again, it comes from the article by Pavel Kaplevich whose title I was struggling with in another thread: "Мы как были хлебом с салом для всего мира, так и остались". The wider context is '. Я стал жалеть, что стираю СМС-переписку с некоторыми людьми. Бывает, что в какой-то день известный человек включается в меня и обнародование такой переписки могло бы изменить отношение общества к нему.'

7. morbo Senior Member

Русский
    Then it's just a peculiar way of saying: "Sometimes a person of some profile (a celebrity, an "intellectual") begins correspondence with me (by the electronic means of sms-messaging, hence the allusion to "be plugged in"), and publishing such correspondence could change the way the public sees him (her)..."

8. Garbuz Senior Member

Russian
    Still sounds odd. Here is the exact text: Бывает, что в какой-то день известный человек включается в меня и ярчайшей вспышкой открывается с неожиданной стороны, обнародование такой переписки могло бы изменить отношение общества к нему. I'd simply say: '... reading a message from a well-known person, I would suddenly feel that ...'

9. morbo Senior Member

Русский
    OK, having taken a look at the original text:

"Человек, который доходит до высокого поста, становится частью машины, его работа не является его внутренним выбором. Участие в той или иной системе — игровая история. А то, с чем я общаюсь в этих людях, вне системы. Я стал жалеть, что стираю СМС-переписку с некоторыми людьми. Бывает, что в какой-то день известный человек включается в меня и ярчайшей вспышкой открывается с неожиданной стороны, обнародование такой переписки могло бы изменить отношение общества к нему."

I stopped trying to interpret it.

The general idea is 1) there are men who hold high places (must be the ones who staaart...) 2)they are parts of the system and their jobs are not their inner choice (??); their participation in those systems is part of the bigger game (??) or part of "The Game that is played there..." (??) 3)the author finds something different in those people; he communicates precisely with that something. 4)he regrets that he deletes SMS correspondence with them because --->
    5)Sometimes - all of a sudden - he switches on to them and then there is a great light that descends upon him and then they stand in his mind all lit up by that light and he sees them in that light and they are all different in that light and if he published such correspondence the public would surely think differently about those people.

Maybe "включается в меня" means something else, but I rest my case.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013