1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

из-за рубежа

Discussion in 'Русский (Russian)' started by cacolazatchok, Aug 22, 2013.

1. cacolazatchok Senior Member

france
    Bonjour, je cherche à traduire la phrase suivante dans un article sur les pierres précieuses et les bijoutiers: "Все камни завозятся из-за рубежа."

Je comprends mal la phrase.
    Toutes les pierres sont produites à l'étranger, tout simplement? Je ne sais pas pourquoi, mais j'ai un doute!

2. VikNikSor

VikNikSor Senior Member

Russian
    Bonjour.
    In your profile, you've written "English" in 'Other languages', so if you want more people to help you, it'd be better for you to write in English here (or in Russian):)

3. bibax Senior Member

Czech
    The given sentence is so simple that even Google translated it:

All stones are imported from abroad.
    Toutes les pierres sont importées de l'étranger.

4. lectrice Senior Member

Toronto, Canada
    Russian/Moscow
    "Все камни завозятся из-за рубежа." - Toutes les pierres sont importées de l'étranger.

5. Maroseika Moderator

Moscow
    Russian
    Из-за рубежа is a complex adverbial modifier of place, cf. another adverbs за рубежом (abroad) and за рубеж ([to move] abroad).

6. cacolazatchok Senior Member

france
    Bibax this is a non professionnal forum to ask questions.. If you think that my question is too simple, don't answer it and find yourself something at your level ;)
    Vikniksor, the thing is that this one was easy, but when it's complicated and that I'm looking for a good way to rewrite my sentence more than the meaning, it does help to have french people around! But you're right, i'll write in both languages as much as possible.
    Thanks for helping me !

7. bibax Senior Member

Czech
    Salut! I just wanted to remind Google Translate. ;)

You made only one mistake: produites à instead of importées de.

Your French sentence "Toutes les pierres sont produites à l'étranger" is «Все камни производятся за рубежом» in Russian (also translated by Google).

8. cacolazatchok Senior Member

france
    I prefer human interactions if that doesn't bother you, but thank you for the reminder. ;)