мне должно нравиться увлеченике [увлечение]

Discussion in 'Русский (Russian)' started by dePrades, Feb 12, 2013.

1. dePrades Senior Member

Catalan and Spanish - Catalonia
    Is this a good transltoin for "I must like the hobby"? By this, I mean that to practice a hobbie, I must like it... I cannot practice any hobby, but only the ones I like ;)

Thanks!

2. Sobakus Senior Member

It is, just remove the к from увлечение.

3. dePrades Senior Member

Thanks for the answer. Actually the message was sent accidentally when I was still working on it, I could edit the content but not the title :(

4. Maroseika Moderator

Moscow
    Russian
    It sounds very strange. The strangeness presents in the English phrase too, but maybe not so evidently. At least in Russian увлечение is what one likes to do very much, so there cannot be such a thing that you like to do but do not like.
    I'd suggest the word занятие, such as, for example:
    Занятие должно мне нравиться.
    Чтобы занятие сделалось моим хобби, оно должно мне нравиться.

5. dePrades Senior Member

Thankd for your clarification Marioseika... I know it's a bit strange but I'm talking about my hobbies and I explain that I have lots of them, but that I really have to like the hobby to practice it regularly :)

6. Maroseika Moderator

Moscow
    Russian
    I see. But I guess the word hobby means different things in "I don't like this hobby" and "this is my hobby". At least in Russian they are different words: мое хобби - увлечение, хобби вообще - занятие (которое может быть моим увлечением, а может и не быть).