1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

натяженье капли воды

Discussion in 'Русский (Russian)' started by Sniegurochka, Jul 5, 2013.

  1. Sniegurochka

    Sniegurochka Senior Member

    Waco, Texas
    What is the technical term for this phenomenon in English? I remember studying this long time ago in my physics course: the phenomenon that there is a tension on the surface of a drop of water what holds this drop together until its mass overweighs the tension and it drops. I would like to know the technical word for this phenomenon. I myself would say, "tension," "pull," but how would I make it absolutely clear I am talking about a specific physical phenomenon? "A pull of a drop of water?" Does it cut it?
  2. igusarov

    igusarov Senior Member

    Moscow, Russia
    The technical term is quite straightforward: "поверхностное натяжение" = "surface tension".

Share This Page