1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

الضغط على الجبهة لفتح العين الثالثة

Discussion in 'العربية (Arabic)' started by Yingmei, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Yingmei Junior Member

Tokyo
    French
    Hi everyone!

Does anyone knows what " al ḍghṭ 3l? al jbhẗ lftḥ al 3yn al thalthẗ" means in english?

Does anyone what "al DghT 3l? al jbh(ta marbuta) lftH al 3yn al thalth (ta marbuta)" could mean in english?

P.S. Dear Cherine, I would be happy to give you more context, but I myself have no idea what my friend want to say :confused:
    I remember he was a really liked esoterism, so may the sentences have references to that...?

Thanks a lot:)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. cherine

cherine Moderator

Alexandria, Egypt
    Arabic (Egypt).
    Hi Yengmei,

Thanks for taking the time to post a clearer transliteration. I could read it as this:
    al DghT 3l? al jbh(ta marbuta) lftH al 3yn al thalth (ta marbuta)"
    الضغط على الجبهة لفتح العين الثالثة
    The last part of the sentence doesn't make much sense to me, but anyway, the sentence says:
    pressing the forehead to open the third eye.
    Yeah, maybe it's an esoteric thing, with the third eye being some sort of sixth sense, or the ability to see beyond the obvious.

3. Yingmei Junior Member

Tokyo
    French
    Thanks again :) !!!

Yeah, those sentences are quite strange...

4. xebonyx

xebonyx Senior Member

TR/AR/EN
    Yep... the "third eye" is a metaphorical concept found in religious and spiritual symbology (most notably: Hinduism, Ancient Egypt's "Osiris", and in the U.S. "the Freemasons"), representing the mind and soul. Once one is able to access his or her "third eye", they will have clairvoyant power.