1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

من أجل

Discussion in 'العربية (Arabic)' started by Panhead556, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Panhead556 New Member

United States of America
    English, Malay, Indonesian
    Hello everyone,

I was just wondering on the different ways one may express the term "in order to.." in Arabic and I came upon the particle من اجل which I have not seen used as frequently as "ل/كي/لكي/حتى".

As such, can the particles "من اجل ان" / "من اجل" be used as frequently as "ل/كي/لكي/حتى" to express "in order to/for"? What are the conditions or rules to follow when using them? Since "من اجل ان" ends with the particle "ان", I have to assume that the next particle will be a verb in the subjunctive mood - is this correct?

In addition, if I use just "من اجل" to mean "for" or "for the sake of" or "for the benefit of", will the succeeding noun/verbal noun be in the genitive case?

For example, if I want to say something along the lines of, "In order for meat to be halal to Muslims, we need to slaughter animals/cattle according to Islamic principles."

So, my attempt at this was: "من اجل ان تكون اللحم حلالا للمسلمين، نحتاج ان نذبح الحيوانات من وفق للمبادئ الاسلامية" - is this the correct usage if let's say I really want to use "من اجل ان"?

Please advise. Thank you so much for the help!

2. shafaq Senior Member

Istanbul
    Turkish
    This expression is like "ل/كي/لكي/حتى" but more stronger and obligatory than them.
    My response to your two questions are Yes !.

Your way of using من اجل ان is right; except many grammatical errors along your sentence.

3. Panhead556 New Member

United States of America
    English, Malay, Indonesian
    Thank you very much, that helps a lot!

Also, how would you correct my sentence in the example above? What are the grammatical errors that need rectifying?

Thanks.

4. shafaq Senior Member

Istanbul
    Turkish
    Here are the grammatical errors as far as I see:.

"من اجل ان تكون اللحم حلالا للمسلمين، نحتاج ان نذبح الحيوانات من وفق للمبادئ الاسلامية"
    ."من اجل ان يكون اللحم حلالا للمسلمين، نحتاج ان نذبح الحيوانات ×× وفقـا ×لمبادئ الاسلامية
    ".

5. LUHG Junior Member

Middle East
    Arabic
    من أجل أن يكون اللحم حلالاً للمُسلمين, نحتاج أن نذبح الحيوانات وفقاً للمبادئ / للتعاليم الإسلاميّة < I think this is how you should say it in Arabic.

6. إسكندراني

إسكندراني Senior Member

أرض الأنجل
    عربي (مصر)ـ | en (gb)
    "In order for meat to be halal to Muslims, we need to slaughter animals/cattle according to Islamic principles."
    كي يحل اللحم للمسلمين، يجب ذبح المواشي وفق المبادئ الإسلامية