1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

お客様へのサービス

Discussion in '日本語 (Japanese)' started by Arcane, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Arcane

Arcane Junior Member

English - U.K.
    Hello,

A friend of mine recently had an interview at a JP law firm and was writing a post-interview thank you letter.

I wonder what sort of phrase is appropriate for discussing clients. For example:

XX様のお話を伺う中で、貴社のお客様へのサービスや、そのための社内の人材育成方針などの一端が、理解できたように思いました。

Doesn't sound right to me, but perhaps I don't know the extent of "service" in such contexts. Is it appropriate?

2. frequency

frequency Senior Member

Tokyo, Japan
    Japanese
    The services (the firm sells) to their clients. Their business is to sell the services, not products? The friend understood the details of their services (or possibly how they offer the services, etc).

3. Wishfull Senior Member

jp
    It means "Customer service policy"
    or
    "the policy concerning to customer service."

I think the "policy" is abbreviated in that expression, and I didn't think it was odd.
    However, on second thought, it might be a little illogical as you pointed it out.

4. Arcane

Arcane Junior Member

English - U.K.
    Thank you Wishfull and Frequency.

I interpret that phrase as limited to how a company treats its customers.

I was thinking something more like 貴社のお顧客様への対応 (How the lawyers handle their clients), but I don't know if this would sound strange or unnatural.

5. frequency

frequency Senior Member

Tokyo, Japan
    Japanese
    Very nice.

Did you know 対応する varies according to context or object? Treat/handle/deal with/respond to/take an action for sb/sth. You may find more. After all, it's about how/what you do for sb/sth.