1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

時間性和地域性

Discussion in '中文+方言 (Chinese)' started by SuperXW, Apr 29, 2014.

1. SuperXW Senior Member

大家好。我在寫英語論文的時候經常想講「具有時間性和地域性」,比如「這類詞語的使用具有時間性和地域性」,表示受年代和地區的限制,轉換時空後就不適用了。
    「地域性」我可用regional表達,「時間性」怎麼表達比較好?

網上可以找到非常多「時間性和地域性」的句子,如下:
    https://www.google.com/#q="時間性和地域性"

2. Skatinginbc

Skatinginbc Senior Member

Canada
    Mandarin 國語
    temporal

3. SuperXW Senior Member

Great! Thanks!

4. Youngfun

Youngfun Senior Member

Pekino, Ĉinujo
    Chinese/Italian - bilingual
    语言学的专业术语应该是:diatopic and diachronic variation / restriction. Skatingbc 觉得呢?

5. Skatinginbc

Skatinginbc Senior Member

Canada
    Mandarin 國語
    Historical linguistics discusses "synchronic and diachronic variation"; sociolinguistics discusses "regional and temporal variation". "Diachronic" collocates with "synchronic", and "temporal" with "regional". Some linguists specialized in Language Variation and Change have employed the term "diatopic and diachronic variation", which is preferred when other types of variation such as diastratic, diaphasic, and diamesic varieties are also discussed. Don't get me wrong. I think "diatopic and diachronic" is a good suggestion, but I'd like to point out: "diatopic" is a specialized big word; "temporal" is a common word that can be understood by a wider range of audience.

6. 枫十二 Senior Member

Mandarin
    I happened to see one use of temporal today:Have you heard the one…| the economist

To her credit, Ms Wisse offers no general theory of Jewish humour in her book, preferring description and textual analysis, at which she excels, to psycho-historical puffery. Yet certain traits persist across temporal and geographic boundaries. Jewish humour tends, paradoxically, to provoke both relief and discomfort, as with Heinrich Heine's sharp send-ups of Jewish converts in early 19th-century Germany.