1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

百花含蕾千枝緑

Discussion in '中文+方言 (Chinese)' started by photosynthesize, Jun 10, 2014.

1. photosynthesize New Member

english - UK
    Hello
    I'm trying to work out the origin of this illustration, and I thought that the easiest way would be to identify the language. Could anyone help please? $(KGrHqJHJBQFJ,rd9KfoBScBL-0ZQ!~~60_57.jpg

2. JulianStuart

JulianStuart Senior Member

Sonoma County CA
    English (UK then US)
    The forum software limits the file-size of upload attachments so the image is coming out quite small. Where did the full-size image come from?

Either (upload the image to a hosting service on the net somewhere and create a link to it and) post a link to it or, if you have the means, crop out the area with the text on it and attach only that.

3. photosynthesize New Member

english - UK
    Ah, sorry. how's this?

i.ebayimg.com/t/CHINESE-JAPANESE-GEISHA-FANCY-DRESS-COSTUME-BLACK-PAPER-WOOD-DECORATIVE-FAN-26cm-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/jo8AAOxy5jxScBMA/$(KGrHqJHJBQFJ,rd9KfoBScBL-0ZQ!~~60_57.JPG

4. JulianStuart

JulianStuart Senior Member

Sonoma County CA
    English (UK then US)
    FanText.jpg

Sorry - I forgot you can't add links yet. This might help someone decode it.

5. Tonky Senior Member

Japanese
    百花含蕾 千枝(泛)緑
    I think the phrase itself is Chinese.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  6. photosynthesize New Member

english - UK
    Oh thank you. any idea what it says?

7. Tonky Senior Member

Japanese
    Can't be too sure but those characters say "hundreds of flowers with buds and thousands of branches of green(probably leaves)"
    You'd better ask in Chinese forum anyways, it may be a part of certain texts.

8. photosynthesize New Member

english - UK
    thanks for your help.

9. xiaolijie

xiaolijie MOD

UK
    English (UK)
    It is a desription of a scene typical in Spring, with plants and flowers in their most luxuriant state (as translated in post #7 above). This may or may not be a line of a poem.

10. retrogradedwithwind Senior Member

Chinese
    This is not a line of a poem because Baidu told me that. At least it is not from a famous poem.

And I don't think it is good as part of a poem.

11. 枫十二 Senior Member

Mandarin
    I also think this one is good enough. green leaves and flower buds are lives of new beginning. Poets like to use them as metaphor for new beginning, bright future and so on.