1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

约翰有把比男人强的女人不當女人看的倾向,表现得文静些吧

Discussion in '中文+方言 (Chinese)' started by Raigerzero, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Raigerzero New Member

English, Algerian Arabic
    I am having difficulty unraveling the sentence (约翰有把比男人强的女人不當女人看的倾向表现得文静些吧). I think the end part says something about seeing the tendency of girls to behave quietly as improper,but the sentence is really confusing me. Please help.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  2. Jerry Chan Senior Member

Hong Kong
    Cantonese, Hokkien
    I think there's a typo. And you need a coma to separate the two parts:
    约翰有把男人强的女人不當女人看的倾向, 表现得文静些吧

Better now?

3. SuperXW Senior Member

Hi! This sentence is not grammatical. There could be some errors. Where did you find it?

约翰有 [把 (男人强的女人) 不當女人看] 的倾向
    John has the tendency of [not seeing (those women who are stronger than men) as "women" ]

表现得文静些吧
    To behave kind of gentle and quiet

4. xiaolijie

xiaolijie MOD

UK
    English (UK)
    Tell us the source of the sentence you're trying to understand, Raigerzero! It's important for us to know the source so that we can be in a better position to help you.

5. stellari Senior Member

Mandarin Chinese
    This sentence does not make too much sense as-is. If you HAVE to interpret it word by word, it reads: '(I assume) John has shown (his) tendency of treating women who are more powerful(stronger/capable) than men as non-women in a less obvious way.' I think it makes more sense if you break it down into two sentences "约翰有把比男人强的女人不當女人看的倾向"(John has the tendency of ... [descriptive]) + "表现得文静些吧" ( [so] behave more gently/quiet/less aggressive![imperative/suggestion]).