1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

闇の翼が目覚めてく

Discussion in '日本語 (Japanese)' started by Rosenstrauß, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Rosenstrauß Junior Member

Madrid (Spain)
    Spanish
    Hello everyone! I just wanted to make sure this is a correct Japanese sentence because that's what I heard from a song preview. The song is called "Dark wings" and is about a vampire story.

My attempt to translate it: Wings of darkness are awakening to throw love from the bottom of the mouth.

Here's the hiragana from what I heard just it case there's something wrong and you can give another meaning: やみのつばさがめざめてくちのそこからあいげるために

I'm not really sure about the くち/なげる parts. It may be くし/ながる

Thank you in advance!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  2. Yoichi_f Junior Member

Kobe, Japan
    Japanese
    The latter half of your transcription (くちのそこからあい[な]げるために) sounds strange. My guesses are:

1. "くちのそこ" may be "ちのそこ"(地の底), because it is a kind of stock phrase. (If it actually is "くち", the word may have been chosen in relation to the vampire theme. So I am not 100% sure. Listen to the part carefully.)

2. "あい" (love) is OK, but "あい[な]げる" sounds strange. It may be "愛[を]告げる(あい[を]つげる)" or "愛[を]遂げる(あい[を]とげる)". (Just a possiblity, so listen carefully again.)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  3. Tonky Senior Member

Japanese
    I'd agree it would most likely be 地の底.
    Maybe
    闇の翼が目覚めてく
    地の底から這(は)い上がるために?

4. Rosenstrauß Junior Member

Madrid (Spain)
    Spanish
    Thank you, I really appreciate your help! I finally pick "闇の翼が目覚めてく地の底から愛上がるために" because I think it fits better with the meaning of the song. He plays the role of the vampire king's son. His father died already, and he's talking about the moment he's turning into a vampire to restore his father's reign and all the love he gave to his people. So I think this sentence fits perfectly. Thank you very much again!

5. Yoichi_f Junior Member

Kobe, Japan
    Japanese
    Oh, ”愛" and ”上がる” cannot be combined that way.
    Please note that Tonky's suggestion is "はいあがる".

6. Rosenstrauß Junior Member

Madrid (Spain)
    Spanish
    Oh, sorry, I thought it was possible. The thing is that I clearly hear "あい" not "はい". That's why I picked the "上がる" part and combined it with "愛". Is there another meaning in which あい and あがる could work together and still fit the context?

I listened to it again and I've realized it could also be "あり". Does it fit?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  7. Tonky Senior Member

Japanese
    As I wouldn't be listening to the song, I cannot tell more than my guess. I don't think あり can fit in it either, but you'll have to wait for the song to be released with lyrics or ask other fans.

地の底から這い上がる is like a fixed expression that is pretty common, often used in eerie contexts, meaning "to crawl up from the very bottom (of the earth/hell)".

8. Rosenstrauß Junior Member

Madrid (Spain)
    Spanish
    Then would it be "闇の翼が目覚めてく地の底から這い上がるために"? = Wings of darkness (alluding to the son) are awakening to crawl up from the bottom of the earth (may I say abyss?)? But I don't get what he may mean then. I'll wait for the official lyrics and let you know. Thanks!!