1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)
  2. The WordReference Forums are under attack from some Korean spammers.

We have created a filter that requires moderation intervention for all messages with Korean characters from new users. The impact should be minimal, but posts from new users will only appear after a few minutes delay.

너희둘 내말 드리어라 술마시고 꼬장부리는거 가같다 ㅋㅋ

Discussion in '한국어 (Korean)' started by Shalomshka, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Shalomshka Junior Member

Mexico city
    French-France
    Hello,
    I would need this sentence translated; I tried online translations and the results they gave me were very funny but not helpful at all... This sentence comes with a picture of two men and one woman chatting in a bar.
    Thank you very much for any help you could give me!

2. vientito Senior Member

cantonese
    Écoutez-moi donc, vous deux. Ça a l'air que vous en avez assez bu pour foutre la merde!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  3. jakartaman Senior Member

Korean
    I don't know the source of your sentence but it has some typos. (Typos are common in casual writing such as comments on internet message boards.:)) I think your sentence should be rewritten: 너희 둘 내 말 들어라. 술 마시고 꼬장 부리는 것 같다.
    너희: you ("plural you" as opposed to 너, singular you)
    둘: two or both
    내: my (= 나의)
    말: words, language
    들어라: listen (the command form of 듣다)
    술: liquor, alcoholic beverage
    마시고: drink and (마시다: drink; 고: and)
    꼬장부리다: look for trouble, cause trouble, give a bad attitude, deliberately delay the process of work
    ~는 것 같다: look like, seem, appear

Together it means, "You two, listen to me (or you'd better listen to me.) You look like you're looking for trouble after drinking."

4. Shalomshka Junior Member

Mexico city
    French-France
    Yes Jakartaman, it makes sense, the sentence is an Internet comment.
    Thank you both for your help, have a good day!

5. 경상남도로 오이소 Junior Member

한국어
    The sentence itself doesn't make sense at all. Perhaps whomever wrote it was drunk? Was it intentional?