1. The WordReference Forums are under attack from some Korean spammers.

We have created a filter that requires moderation intervention for all messages with Korean characters from new users. The impact should be minimal, but posts from new users will only appear after a few minutes delay.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in '한국어 (Korean)' started by slowlikemolasses, Apr 23, 2013.

1. slowlikemolasses Senior Member

English - US
    What does 앵쇼 mean?
  2. juiceholic New Member

hello slowlikemolasses,
    First of all the word '앵쇼' does not exist, and I cant find any other similar words.
    You may post a whole context and then i can help you.
  3. slowlikemolasses Senior Member

English - US
    Sorry, it should have been 쌩쇼.
  4. juiceholic New Member

쌩쇼 actually is used as an insult which means 'act of stupidity', but actually the origin of the word is a kind of konglish(korean+english) so uses are varied.
    First of all 쌩 is a strong pronunciation of 생 which means alive, and 쇼 from the show. I don't know exactly how these two words have been fusioned, but generally strong pronunciations are used in many bad words... so i won't complicate this problem right now. the word 쌩쇼 is used like: 쌩쇼하다, which means 'to act with exaggeration of motion and feelings'. I think the korean rapper PSY fits to this word PERFECTLY :D (Actually psy used this word a lot in his songs)
  5. xoxoxxo New Member

I think you got it from a different word. It's not 앵쇼(Aaeng Show), it's 행쇼(Haeng Show) which is an abbreviation of 행복하쇼(Haeng Bok Ha show).
    And this means 'Be happy'. This was not a word before a famous Korean singer on a TV show popularized this word.
    It does not have a bad meaning!!!
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  6. Rance Senior Member

What juiceholic says.

생쇼(生show) = 쌩쇼
    Prefix 생 can mean unripe, raw, live or irrational.

Example: 생고기(raw meat), 생고무(Crude rubber), 생가죽(Rawhide), 생트집(False accusation)

생쇼 usually refers to exaggerated(irrational) show or act beyond spectator's comprehension.