1. OHlalala New Member

Hong Kong Cantonese
    I've applied a school in Paris and they send me a e-mail, but there something I dont know

"Nous avons actuellement une place disponible en 3ème année, êtes vous toujours intéressés? Si oui merci de nous répondre très rapidement."

Dose it mean I'm going to study the 3rd yr / 3 years ??

Thx for the help!!!!!

2. Micmique Senior Member

France, French
    It means that they have one place available in the 3rd year...that you would integrate directly.

3. OHlalala New Member

Hong Kong Cantonese
    Thx Micmique...
    so what if I want to say " I afraid my level of french and my skill cannot handle studying year 3".....Would u help me to translet?

"Si j'étudie de la première année, C'est ok ? Parce que....." Is this sentence right?

4. Micmique Senior Member

France, French
    I afraid my level of french and my skill cannot handle studying year 3...

J'ai bien peur que mon niveau de français et mes connaissances ne me permettent pas d'intégrer la 3ème année...

Si j'étudie de la première année, C'est ok ? Parce que....."
    C'est Ok? It's too familiar in french.... it's better to day. Serait-il possible que j'intègre la 1ère année? Car.....

5. OHlalala New Member

Hong Kong Cantonese
    Thank you so much......
    OMG my french is so weak that I cant handle these simple sentences...

6. JeanDeSponde

JeanDeSponde Senior Member

France, Lyon area
    France, Français
    If you think your level in French would make it difficult for you to understand the lessons, the difficulty would probably be the same, were you to begin with the 1st year, or skip directly to the 3rd.
    I think the only criteria is your level - skills - in the subject taught in this school (whatever it could be - electronics, geography,...).

7. OHlalala New Member

Hong Kong Cantonese
    Jean, Actaully I am applying the 1st yr of a fashion Design School, but skip it to the 3rd. But I think it'll better if I study from the 1st yr, beacuse I need to get with the life in France and learn better french.