açai (fruta brasileña)

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Hummingbird, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Hummingbird New Member

Spanish
    Hola

Alguien me podria decir como se llama la fruta Acai ( la C tiene una coma). Le llaman asi en Ingles....Muchas gracias

Humimngbird

2. transparente Senior Member

at home
    Spanish/Argentina
    En google:

Acai Fruit

Acai is an antioxidant rich berry that grows wild in the Brazilian Amazon and is considered to be one of the top Superfoods in the world. XXX was the first company to export Acai from Brazil and our premier organic line of Acai fruit packs and Acai juice blends can now be found in the finest health food stores and juice bars worldwide.

3. loladamore Senior Member

Zacatecas, México
    English UK
    Hola,

me parece que se llama igual en inglés y español - esto es, se conserva el nombre en portugués: Açaí.

El Açaí es una palmera del norte de Brasil, especialmente de Pará. Es conocido por los indígenas como "içá-çai", la fruta que llora. (fuente)

Saludos.

4. wildcat Junior Member

Spanish and Colombia
    Hey, I would like to know if there is a translation for this kind of berry "Acai berry", I couldn't found it, so It would be very helpful if you can tell me what kind of berry is, thanks a lot!!!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  5. sunce

sunce Senior Member

Valladolid, Spain
    Español, España
  6. wildcat Junior Member

Spanish and Colombia
    thanks a lot!!!