a woman who thinks she's eating her biscuits while...

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by houma, Sep 25, 2010.

1. houma Senior Member

français-France.
    hello :) ,
    I want to translate : "the story is about a woman that is angry because she thinks a man is eating her biscuits without asking and finds out she's eating his biscuits."
    I have to use "el texto se trata de".
    I tried "el texto se trata de una mujer que se enfada porque creo que un hombre esta comiendo sus galletas sin pedir permiso pero descubre que ella estaba comiendo las galletas del hombre" Any mistakes?
    thank you :)

2. Valeria Mesalina

Valeria Mesalina Senior Member

Santiago de Compostela
    Spanish, Spain
    "el texto trata de una mujer que está enfadada porque cree que un hombre está comiéndose sus galletas sin pedir permiso pero descubre que era ella la que se estaba comiendo las galletas de él."

3. dexterciyo

dexterciyo Senior Member

Londres
    Español - Canarias
    We would use the pronominal form of the verb comer in that sentence.

4. houma Senior Member

français-France.
    thank you Valeria :) , but I think "que era ella la que se estaba comiendo las galletas de él" is a little hard and "sophisticated". Any simpler sentence for it ? thank you :) (I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you with it ...)

5. houma Senior Member

français-France.
    thank you dexterciyo :)

6. Neo1961 Senior Member

Español
    "El texto es sobre una mujer que se enfada/disgusta porque cree que un hombre se le está comiendo sus galletas sin pedirle permiso, pero descubre que era ella quien se estaba comiendo las galletas del hombre".

7. houma Senior Member

français-France.
    thank you neo :) .

8. cristalito Senior Member

U.S.A.
    spanish
    "the story is about a woman that is angry because she thinks a man is eating her biscuits without asking and finds out she's eating his biscuits."

El texto trata sobre una mujer que está molesta porque piensa que un hombre se está comiendo sus galletas sin pedirle permiso, pero se da cuenta que era ella quien se estaba comiendo las galletas de él.

9. houma Senior Member

français-France.
    thx Cristalito :)