Abortion - miscarriage

Discussion in 'Tagalog and Filipino Languages' started by tagalogstudent, May 21, 2010.

1. tagalogstudent Junior Member

English
    "Ang pagpapalaglag ay sinadya. Pagkakuha ko ay aksidenteng."

In Tagalog, is that sufficient to explain the difference between abortion and miscarriage, when it relates to pregnancy?

2. epistolario

epistolario Senior Member

Philippines
    Tagalog
    Pagpapalaglag (noun) seems okay, but it seems that I only hear nakunan (adjective or intransitive verb or passive??) when a pregnant woman has had a miscarriage. To create parallel sentences, I would rewrite it:

Kapag ang babaeng buntis ay nagpalaglag, ito ay sinasadya; kapag siya ay nakunan, ito ay hindi sinasadya.
    When a pregnant woman undergoes an abortion, it is intentional; if she has had a miscarriage, it is unintentional.

3. autumnsoliloquy New Member

I know this is old post but here it is. I think what the sentence means is "The abortion was intentional but the conception was an accident."

Pagkakuha (literally 'the act of getting') may be alluding to the conception of the fetus. I'm guessing aksidenteng is a typo of aksidente.

4. mataripis

mataripis Senior Member

1.)Ang magpalaglag ay sinasadya subali't ang makunan/maagasan ay hindi sinasadya.2.) Ang makunan ay hindi inaasahan di gaya ng magpalaglag na sadyang pinaglalaanan ng pagkakataon/panahon.