act - e.g. live act

Discussion in 'Ελληνικά (Greek)' started by KaterinaWard, Dec 6, 2012.

1. KaterinaWard Junior Member

Thessaloniki
    English (UK)
    Hi,

I am looking to find an equivalent for 'act' in Greek. When I've wanted to translate the word I've simply used 'musician' instead. Whereas act in English gives you the impression that it could be anything - not necessarily a musician, could also be a DJ etc. Just basically anyone putting on a performance.

Below is what I have. Any suggestions you have to make it sound more like the direct translation of what I want (also below) would be greatly appreciated!!

Τα μπαρ παίζουν μία ποικιλία διαφορετικών μουσικής και 'από καιρό σε καιρό μερικοί από αυτούς προσελκύουν διεθνείς μουσικούς/DJ. Ωστόσο, αν ψάχνετε για ένα μεγαλύτερο χώρο για ζωντανές εμφανίσεις, να πάς στο Block 33. Είναι λίγο έξω από το κέντρο (αλλά ένα νυχτερινό λεωφορείο λειτουργεί μέχρι εκεί, μην ανησυχείτε!). Και συχνά φιλοξενούν τις πιο καθιερωμένες διεθνείς μουσικούς, και φυσικά πολλούς διάσημους Έλληνες μουσικούς επίσης.

The bars play a variety of different music, and some of them attract a few international acts/DJ’s from time to time.
    However, if you are looking for a real venue for live acts, the place to go is Block 33. It’s just outside of the center (but a night bus runs there- don’t panic!). And they frequently host the more established international acts, and of course many huge Greek names too.

2. Perseas Senior Member

Athens - GR
    Greek
    A generic name for musicians, dancers, actors etc is καλλιτέχνης (pl. καλλιτέχνες).

3. Tassos

Tassos Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012