1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Activos Extraordinarios

Discussion in 'Financial Terms' started by ghost_jjb, May 15, 2008.

1. ghost_jjb Junior Member

EL SALVADOR
    EL SALVADOR
    Hello; I have a question I am from Central America and I work for a Financial Company...So I was trying to translate a financial term that is used when "Somebody" doesn´t have money to pay a specific debt...and then... this person gives something that belongs to him/her...It can be a car, computer, etc...so this person gives that in other to pay the debt that he has adquired with the financial company....So in this case to make the accounting record we use an account which we call "ACTIVO EXTRAORDINARIO" (As I said before this account is composed by goods that the people give to the company in order to pay their debts as cars, computers, etc...)
    So I am not sure if I could say Extraordinary Assets
    Or maybe I can say Financial Assets.....I hope you can help me....

2. Ayutuxtepeque

Ayutuxtepeque Moderador

San Salvador, El Salvador
    Español salvadoreño
    Hola Ghost:

En mi opinión, dos términos que podés usar serían:

a)Special Assets

Conforme a este sitio acá tenés la definición de un "special asset":

"Term also used to describe properties acquired in foreclosure and owned by an institution."

b)Foreclosed Assets

Mirá esto, que hallé aquí, precisamente en los estados financieros de una institución de crédito:

"Foreclosed assets are held for sale and valued at the outstanding balance of the loan at the date of foreclosure adjusted for costs incurred subsequent to foreclosure or repossession and the estimated net realizable value of the property."

En lo personal me inclinaría por "special assets", sin embargo sos vos quien tiene la decisión final.

Ojalá te ayude lo anterior, pero en todo caso, te aconsejo esperés por otras alternativas de traducción que te pudieran brindar otros compañeros del foro.

Saludes,

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  3. jcwoos Senior Member

english
    De acuerdo con Ayutuxte. Para que un activo sea un Foreclosed Asset, seria necesario que esta misma propiedad fuera el colateral que se dió para asegurar el prestamo en el principio. Por lo que dice Ghost, suena como que estan tomando lo que sea para saldar la deuda, no necesariamente bienes que se dieron en aval para la deuda en el principio. Así que "Special Assets" suena mejor.