1. Davebeast New Member

San Fernando, Cadiz
    England, English
    Hello,

Could anyone tell me whether the word 'agregados' in this sentance has a specific meaning, as the dictionary definitions do not fit. The context is configuration management.

"dividiendo así la estructura total del producto en agregados de soporte físico, soporte lógico, etc."

My attempt so far is: "Thus dividing the total product structure into (sections) of physical support, logical support, etc."

Thanks

2. Loob

Loob Senior Member

English UK
    Hi, Davebeast, and welcome to the forums.

In terms of dictionary definitions, some of the DRAE ones are helpful: <http://buscon.rae.es/draeI/SrvltConsulta?TIPO_BUS=3&LEMA=agregado>.

As regards the translation, I've been racking my brains for an alternative to "sections" ("groups"? "sets"? "units"?) but have come up with nothing as good. That said, I'm not sure I even know what configuration management is...

My own view, for what it's worth, is 'stick with "sections"'. But perhaps some configuration management experts will come along:D

Loob

3. trevorb Senior Member

York, England
    UK: English
    - not sure about 'agregados', but the usually:

soporte físico hardware' and 'soporte lógico' is 'software'

4. trevorb Senior Member

York, England
    UK: English
    Sorry - must have pressed the wrong button - but you get the gist!
    soporte físico = hardware
    soporte lógico = software
    Trevor.

5. Davebeast New Member

San Fernando, Cadiz
    England, English
    Thanks to Loob for the RAE link, the 6th definition seems to fit - I will stick with 'sections'.
    Thanks also to Trevorb for the hardware and software point, I had a feeling that my translation of those terms was a little weak.

Cheers