1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

agriculture English course book

Discussion in 'English Only' started by jairan, Feb 27, 2007.

1. jairan

jairan Senior Member

Spain
    spanish Spain
    Hello,I am an English teacher in some commercial organizations .I am writing to ask if you would be so kind to help me with some information I need:I am going to teach a course of English for agriculture purposes and I am looking for a course book which could be useful for my pupils (workers in the field of agriculture research,greenhouses building,etc.).This course would be very useful if it had texts for reading comprehension,exercises with solutions,listenings.
    Looking forward for your answer,
    Thank you very much.

2. Siberia

Siberia Sibermod

UK-Wales - English
    If you look at ELT publisher sites you will see that most have ESP course books.
    Just digit ELT publishers in any search engine.

3. jairan

jairan Senior Member

Spain
    spanish Spain
    thank you very much Siberia.I have already looking in Longman and Cambridge webs but there is nothing about this.I´ll look in other webs,anyway!

4. Siberia

Siberia Sibermod

UK-Wales - English
    You could try Macmillan or Lang, OUP,

5. jairan

jairan Senior Member

Spain
    spanish Spain
    O.K. I´ll have a look and then I´ll tell you if I have found something interesting:you are very kind,thanks a lot!

6. Joelline

Joelline Senior Member

USA (W. Pennsylvania)
    American English
    jairan,

In the USA, ELT is called ESL (English as a Second Language) and sometimes EFL (English as a Foreign Language). If you google "ESL" or "EFL" and add the word "agriculture," you'll find several specific sites that might help.

7. petereid

petereid Senior Member

selby yorkshire
    english
    Try the "Royal Horticultural Society" uk
    They run education courses for students of agricultural and horticulture

8. jairan

jairan Senior Member

Spain
    spanish Spain
    My search in publishers webs ( MacMillan,Oxford,Lang,Longman) has not had any satisfactory results so far.Than you for your advise,I´ll try that other way.It is very kind of you.