Al concentrarnos en servicios de traducción al y del inglés"

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Grammar / Gramática Español-Inglés' started by sylphid dust, Sep 24, 2010.

1. sylphid dust

sylphid dust Senior Member

English, Trinidad and Tobago
    Hi everyone,

Translating a text from Spanish to English, and in revising my finished product, I realised that I may have misinterpreted the contraction "al" at the beginning of the sentence. (see below)

"Al concentrarnos en servicios de traducción al y del inglés, y al y del español a todas las lenguas, garantizamos la más alta calidad y el mejor precio en traducciones inglés - español."

Now, I had translated it leaving out the "al" and simply saying:
    "Focussing on translation to an from English, and to and from Spanish to all languages, we guarantee the highest quality and the best price in English-Spanish translation"

But now I'm wondering if the "al" is connected to the "garantizamos", that if the REASON for which they guarantee the highest quality is the fact that they focus mainly on Spanish and English, therefore making me wonder if I should indeed translate the "al" as "by [focussing]"

HELP!!!

2. kayokid

kayokid Senior Member

Chicago
    English, USA
    Hello. I may be dead wrong here but I translated this as: "Since we specialize in translating to and from English..." in my head before I even read the rest of your post.

I think the "Al concentrarnos" means: Because we focus on, Because our focus/specialty is, etc.

Let's see what others say...

3. sylphid dust

I don't think I can use "since" there...that would be something with "desde [que]" or ya que or puesto que...

4. Cubanboy

Cubanboy Senior Member

Cuba
    Spanish
    When focusing on... //al centrarnos // concentrarnos en...

5. spnichol Senior Member

Mexico City
    English-US
    I know this may be a long shot, but no other word in English comes to mind except for saying something like "Concentrating/specializing in translation services to and from English...". I think using either of those two words would help complete the sentence!

6. sylphid dust

makes sense...but what about the "al"????

Should I translate it to something like "by", or should I leave it out?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  7. Carlos Mx

Carlos Mx Senior Member

Guadalajara, Mexico
    Mexican Spanish
    Of course:

By focusing on translations from and to...

Por cierto, aquí va un hilo sobre la ortografía de focusing:

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=3458