Al parecer está en camino

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by globorojo, Jul 28, 2010.

1. globorojo

globorojo Senior Member

Hi everyone,
    I was looking for in the WR dictionary and threads but I didn't find the answer to my questión, therefore I'll ask you.

I would to know if "apperently" is in the right place in the following sentence.

Apperently, he is on the road

Please correct my English, you’d be doing me a favour

2. Chris K Senior Member

Tacoma WA, US
    English / US
    It's in the right place, but with the wrong spelling: apparently. You can also put it at the end of the sentence, or after "he's / he is."

3. jlmyth

jlmyth Senior Member

Chile
    English - Oz Español - Chile
    globo, si estás diciendo que alguien/algo está en camino yo diría "he's on the way" on the road suena como si estuviese en la calle

4. Chris K Senior Member

Tacoma WA, US
    English / US
    "He's on the way" means he's traveling towards his destination, maybe here, maybe elsewhere. "He's on the road" means he's traveling (usually by car), without reference to his destination.

We can't reach him by phone at the moment because he's on the road.
    Don't worry -- the ambulance is on the way.

5. elirlandes

elirlandes Senior Member

Dublin & Málaga
    Ireland English
    Apparently

Sí, está bien para decir - "me parece que está en camino".

6. jlmyth

jlmyth Senior Member

Chile
    English - Oz Español - Chile
    Exactly Chris, in Spanish (Chile) when we say "está en camino" we mean that he's on the way (somewhere) while for your example ... he's on the road we would say "va/viene manejando"

7. elirlandes

elirlandes Senior Member

Dublin & Málaga
    Ireland English
    In British/Irish english, "He is on the road" can also mean "he is on the way"...