1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

all you bring to us for our visit within your creation

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by profcardenas, Dec 27, 2010.

1. profcardenas New Member

Maracaibo, VEN
    Spanish
    Primeramente, Feliz Navidad 2011 queridos amigos: quería pedir a alguien que sea tan amable de traducir esta oración por mí, que aunque me parece una oración sencilla, me presenta cierta dificultad de sentido. Desde ya muchísimas gracias.

Creator, we give you thanks for all you are and all you bring to us for our visit within your creation.

Por si alguien quiere solicitar más contexto le coloco lo siguiente:

Creator, we give you thanks for all you are and all you bring to us for our visit within your creation. In
    Jesus, you place the Gospel in the center of this sacred circle through which all of creation is related.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  2. Rastnim88 Senior Member

Salamanca, Spain
    British English
    I take it to mean, perhaps erroneously, that "our visit within your creation" to mean life, as in our visit to the earth for one lifetime, which god gives us. So it means that we are thankful for all the things we encounter and do in our lifetimes.

3. profcardenas New Member

Maracaibo, VEN
    Spanish
    Thank you so much Rastnim for you kind and immediate response. I find the following translation for the prayer in an older translation version (of this project), but I think is incorrectly translated:

Oh Creador, te damos gracias por quien eres y por todo lo que nos ofreces al visitar tu creación.

The last part of the sentence seems to refer to the visit of God to his creation, which is not what one read in the original (Inglés).​

Thanks again for your feedback, because it helped me to clarify my ideas. Have a Happy New Year 2011.​