1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

almacenar los alimentos perecederos

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Charitina, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Charitina New Member

Spanish Mexico
    Por favor una buena traducción en inglés para

"almacenar los alimentos perecederos"

2. uruguacha Senior Member

New York City.
    spanish, usa
    Que te parece:

"stocking perishable foods"

3. ealtes Senior Member

Saltillo, MX
    English--Florida/Spanish--Saltillo, MX
    "to store the perishable food items"

En realidad, el propósito de éste foro es para que tú puedes dar tu intento, y nosotros podemos corregirlo.

4. peshys Junior Member

Tijuana B.C. Mexico
    Spanish-Mexico
    Store the perishable foods...!

Hope it helps...!!

5. marcoszorrilla

marcoszorrilla Senior Member

Español - España
    To stock perishables foods.

6. cristina friz Senior Member

español, valdivia, Chile
    to store perishable food or food items.

I am not sure if you can use food in plural ( it is a generic noun or not ) ???

7. JB

JB Senior Member

Santa Monica, CA, EEUU
    English (AE)
    1. In this case you can say "foods" plural, because it is understood to mean "food items", but this is a good question. Food is more commonly used in the singular,as a "collective, but:
    I eat a lot of food = Como mucho comida.
    I eat a lot of foods = Como muchos tipos de comida.

2. Also, in this case "to stock" and "to store" both work. I think all the responses you got are good ones.

3. Lastly, perishable food items are sometimes referred to just as "perishables." English does this with a lot of adjectives, which become nouns in speech (a sort of taquigrafía), and then, sometimes, in print.

al final, CRISTINA, COMO DE SIEMPRE, en el futuro, Le pido incluir más contexto que sólo el fragmento.

8. Cracker Jack Senior Member

I suggest foodstuff/s. Foods in the plural form refers to a specific study, subject, specialty or area of concentration that deals with marketing, processing, cooking, storage, preservation and development of materials for human alimentation or feeding.