1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Alquilos, Acilos, Olearesina, Quercineas, Germoplasma

Discussion in 'Português (Portuguese)' started by Wolfrunner, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Wolfrunner New Member

Portuguese and English
    Hi All

I've got some more botanical terms that I can't find translation to English: Alquilos, Acilos, Olearesina, Quercineas e Germoplasma. I also need to confirm that Schistous is the English word for Xisto.

Wolf

2. Vanda

Vanda Moderesa de Beagá

Belo Horizonte, BRASIL
    Português/ Brasil
    Wolf, I believe your words are in Spanish, not in Portuguese, so you would have more help in the Specialized vocabulary in the Spanish forum.

Olearesina - oleoresin
    acilos- acils

3. Wolfrunner New Member

Portuguese and English
    Hi Vanda

I know the words seem similar to Spanish however in botanical terms the words are very similar if not the same (in some cases). Even so I can guarantee that these words are portuguese since I got them from Portuguese technical books and dictionaries and in my line of work I have to use them at times.

Thank you for your speedy response.

Wolf

4. Vanda

Vanda Moderesa de Beagá

Belo Horizonte, BRASIL
    Português/ Brasil
    Germoplasma - germplasm

alquilos - Please try researching alkyl. I've found it but am not sure if it comprises the area you are looking for.

quercinea

5. Wolfrunner New Member

Portuguese and English
    Hi Vanda

Thank for the help it has helped me alot. The last remaining word is Quercineas, you posted a web page with this word but it referres to a specific specie. The Quercineas that I'm looking for is more to do with genus Quercus, that referres to the various species of oak trees like Quercus rotundifolia, Quercus suber, Quercus coccifera, etc. This is a specific word used by botanists to talk about of the society of oak trees, it is obviously a very latin word and very scientific, therefore difficult to find if you can find I'll be very grateful.

Thank you again

Wolf

6. Vanda

Vanda Moderesa de Beagá

Belo Horizonte, BRASIL
    Português/ Brasil
  7. Wolfrunner New Member

Portuguese and English
    Ola Vanda

Tens razão o Quercus coccifera faz parte das Quercineas mas não é bem isso que estou a procura a frase completa do meu glossário é:
    Quercíneas: Refere os géneros dos Carvalhos, Sobreiros, Azinheiras, etc. talvez isso é capaz de ajudar um pouco mais.

Obrigado

Wolf