Am I the only one who misses the silly Fool's Day thread?

Discussion in 'Comments and Suggestions' started by rusita preciosa, Apr 1, 2013.

1. rusita preciosa

rusita preciosa Modus forendi

USA (Φιλαδέλφεια)
    Russian (Moscow)
  2. Vanda

Vanda Moderesa de Beagá

Belo Horizonte, BRASIL
    Português/ Brasil
    No... me too.
  3. Punky Zoé

Punky Zoé Senior Member

France - français
    No April Fool, is part of an April fool, isn't it?

Privés de best-oeuf... :p
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  4. rusita preciosa

rusita preciosa Modus forendi

USA (Φιλαδέλφεια)
    Russian (Moscow)
    Just 3 of us... I guess it is not that much missed anyway...
  5. DearPrudence

DearPrudence Dépêche Mod

French (lower Normandy)
    I was too busy hiding eggs, eating them, putting things away in my old things and coming back home to be on the forums. Next year, 1 April won't be a bank holiday in France so maybe I will miss it indeed. This year, I didn't have the time to.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  6. danielfranco

danielfranco Senior Member

Well, I guess Mike gave us a very existencial-like April's Fool prank this year: He pranked us by not pranking us. Classic. I suppose that in past years it must have been a royal pain in the ass to go back and clean up the forums from all the shenanigans of April 1st.

But I do miss those threads about crustaceans and assigning the newest forero to be the one moderator for the day.

Ah, the good ol' days…
  7. mkellogg Administrator

South Florida
    English - US
    I think the fact that it coincided with Easter was a big part of it. Lots of vacations and other things going on right now. :(

(Send me a PM next March 1 to remind me how much you like it and we will do better next year.)
  8. ajo fresco

ajo fresco Senior Member

I missed it, too. Oh, well — maybe next year! :D
  9. Pinairun

Pinairun Senior Member

¡Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday, ajo fresco,
    Happy birthday to youuuuuu!♫♫♫
  10. ajo fresco

ajo fresco Senior Member

¡Gracias, muy amable!

Here in California, my birthday is tomorrow... but since it's already "tomorrow" in España, ¡que empiece la fiesta! :D
  11. Nanon

Nanon Senior Member

Entre Paris et Lisbonne
    français (France)
    I missed April 1st - again!
    But anyway, ajo verde tu yúúú ♫...
  12. ajo fresco

ajo fresco Senior Member

Merci, Nanon ! :)
  13. Suehil

Suehil Medemod

Tillou, France
    British English
    I missed it, too. I have been known to spend the whole April 1st laughing like an idiot in front of my PC, but this year I felt more like crying in disappointment!
  14. AngelEyes

AngelEyes Senior Member

English - United States
    I missed it, big-time! I stopped in and frowned when it was immediately clear there wasn't a silly thread in sight. I think it was last year, though, that I PM'd Ewi - I mean an unnamed MOD - and asked him if a certain thread was indeed an April Fool's prank.

He told me that it was legit. Boy, was I glad I didn't answer with some smarty-pants reply! :)

I hope next year we can have the fun back again. There are a lot of very funny people here.
  15. LilianaB Banned

US New York
    I miss it too. I even took one regular post for the Fool Day's post. Fortunately the poster did not get offended -- I hope so. :D