1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)
  1. poetryadik Junior Member

Philippines
    English-Filipino
    Hola, if the phrase "Guardian Angel" in Spanish would be "Angel de la Guardia", What's the Spanish term for "Angel of Death"? Thank you in advance my friends.

2. Asol07 Senior Member

Spanish
    "Angel de muerte"
    "Angel de la muerte"

3. poetryadik Junior Member

Philippines
    English-Filipino
    Gracias, if you would say put something like "You are my" in the beginning then it would become "You are my angel of death". What would it be in Spanish when this statement will be addressed to a woman?

4. Asol07 Senior Member

Spanish
    I didn't understand that...

What would it be the reaction or the translation??

5. inib

inib Senior Member

La Rioja, Spain
    British English
    Eres mi ángel de LA muerte

6. Asol07 Senior Member

Spanish
    It's because, with all due respect, why would you say soomething like that to a woman?
    That's why I wasn't sure if you wanted to know about the reaction instead...
    Sorry, just a little question.

7. poetryadik Junior Member

Philippines
    English-Filipino
    I'm sorry got you confused...
    The translation.
    Thanks in advance.

8. inib

inib Senior Member

La Rioja, Spain
    British English
    Asol, I hope no man will ever say that to me. I can't, myself, imagine why. But poetryadik is obviously a poet or a translator of poetry, so i don't aspire to grasp all the meaning of his words, especially without seeing the context. Maybe one day we'll be lucky enough to read his works...

9. poetryadik Junior Member

Philippines
    English-Filipino
    Uhm it's like telling to her that for example in a way that your love for that woman is already misleading or it doesn't do you any good but still you're so in love with her that in her presence or her symbolism is like an angel of death. My apologies too because I can't quite explain well my context and I've got everyone confused.

10. poetryadik Junior Member

Philippines
    English-Filipino
    My apologies... I really can't explain the context well.:(

11. Auron20 New Member

Spanish
    Well, I have the same problem in this quote:
    Jessica:It'd be better to get kissed by the angel of death than to look at Grandfather's face.