Ano ang Tagalog sa tubig?

Discussion in 'Tagalog and Filipino Languages' started by alkor, Jul 29, 2010.

1. alkor New Member

What is Tagalog for tubig? No matter where I look, I really can't come up with an answer. Is there another Tagalog word for tubig?
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  2. MickyS Junior Member

Tubig means water. Agwa is another Tagalog word for water.
  3. niernier

niernier Senior Member

Manila, Philippines
    Bicol & Filipino
    Are you aware that this is a play of words? This riddle only works when spoken, not when written. I can help you answer this if you would like to.
  4. alkor New Member

Yes, please! I am at my wit's end. I didn't know my friend would throw me a riddle like this one when I just want to impress her with a few Tagalog words I know.
  5. niernier

niernier Senior Member

Manila, Philippines
    Bicol & Filipino
    Just change tubig to "two big" so you now have Ano sa Tagalog ang "two big" The answer is dalawang malaki.

two = dalawa
    big = malaki

As you can see, this won't work when written because the answer will come outright.
  6. MickyS Junior Member

Ah... I knew the question couldn't be as simple as it seemed.
  7. jandallo New Member

Vancouver, Canada
    Canadian English
    I had a feeling that this was a riddle. I was wondering why you'd ask what "tubig" means when you have already given out the answer, lol!
  8. Alakdan New Member

Another variation could be "too big". This reminds me of a corny joke, What did the little river say to the big river? . . . Man, you're "tubig"!!
  9. alkor New Member

So it's a riddle with two answers...I was tricked! lol! I thought I won her prize when I answered dalawang malaki. But then she said it's masyadong malaki. "too big"? Anyway, thanks a bunch for the answers. Tagalog is really interesting. :)