Ano ang Tagalog sa tubig?

Discussion in 'Tagalog and Filipino Languages' started by alkor, Jul 29, 2010.

1. alkor New Member

Swedish
    What is Tagalog for tubig? No matter where I look, I really can't come up with an answer. Is there another Tagalog word for tubig?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  2. MickyS Junior Member

English
    Tubig means water. Agwa is another Tagalog word for water.

3. niernier

niernier Senior Member

Manila, Philippines
    Bicol & Filipino
    Are you aware that this is a play of words? This riddle only works when spoken, not when written. I can help you answer this if you would like to.

4. alkor New Member

Swedish
    Yes, please! I am at my wit's end. I didn't know my friend would throw me a riddle like this one when I just want to impress her with a few Tagalog words I know.

5. niernier

niernier Senior Member

Manila, Philippines
    Bicol & Filipino
    Just change tubig to "two big" so you now have Ano sa Tagalog ang "two big" The answer is dalawang malaki.

two = dalawa
    big = malaki

As you can see, this won't work when written because the answer will come outright.

6. MickyS Junior Member

English
    Ah... I knew the question couldn't be as simple as it seemed.

7. jandallo New Member

Vancouver, Canada
    Canadian English
    I had a feeling that this was a riddle. I was wondering why you'd ask what "tubig" means when you have already given out the answer, lol!

8. Alakdan New Member

Tagalog-Filipino
    Another variation could be "too big". This reminds me of a corny joke, What did the little river say to the big river? . . . Man, you're "tubig"!!

9. alkor New Member

Swedish
    So it's a riddle with two answers...I was tricked! lol! I thought I won her prize when I answered dalawang malaki. But then she said it's masyadong malaki. "too big"? Anyway, thanks a bunch for the answers. Tagalog is really interesting. :)