antiagregante plaquetario

Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by ceges, Mar 6, 2008.

1. ceges Junior Member

Hi

I am trying to translate an article on gastro-oesophageal reflux disease from this website
    http://www.segg.es/segg/tratadogeria...5%2054_III.pdf

and have come across a difficulty translating antiagregante plaquetaria. I have used the word anti-platelet aggregation in my draft version but am not too happy with this since the meaning seems to be anti-aggregation platelet, but that does not seem to be acceptable. I am also not 100% satisfied with properties as a translation for acciones, either.

Los antiinflamatorios no esteroideos (AINEs) representan un grupo terapéutico de muy amplia difusión a nivel​
    mundial por sus acciones antiinflamatoria, antipirética, analgésica y antiagregante plaquetaria.

Gastropathology caused by NSAIDS

Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) represent a therapeutic group used widely throughout the world for their anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, analgesic and anti-platelet aggregationproperties.

Many thanks

ceges

2. ERASMO_GALENO Senior Member

Lima limón
    Perú, Español
  3. fsabroso

fsabroso Moderadiólogo

South Texas
    Perú / Castellano
  4. ceges Junior Member

Thanks fsabroso and erasmo_galeno for your replies and suggestions. After reading these and the previous forum discussions, I was able to track down the term in an online medical dictionary which gave this definition:

An antiplatelet drug is a member of a class of pharmaceuticals that decreases platelet aggregation and inhibits thrombus formation. They are effective in the arterial circulation, where anticoagulants have little effect.

Ceges

5. ERASMO_GALENO Senior Member

Lima limón
    Perú, Español
    Yes, you are right, my option is kind of too informal. I would go with antiplatelet effect, just as Félix's option.

Regars,

Erasmo.