1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

anuncio publicitario

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Nurja, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Nurja Senior Member

Spain
    Spanish- Spain
    Hello!

I know the answer seems easy because an advertisement is anuncio publicitario. However, I need to translate it together with anuncio de trabajo. Could I use another word to avoid the repetition of the word ad?

My suggestion: anuncios de trabajo y publicitarios
    job advertisements and other adverts.

Any other possibilities? I thought about commercials but I'm not talking about adverts on TV but in the press.

Thanks

2. aztlaniano

aztlaniano Senior Member

Lavapiestán, Madrid
    English (Aztlán, US sector)
    Help wanteds and other advertisements
    Job notices and other advertisements

3. mt2237

mt2237 Junior Member

New Jersey, United States
    English - United States
    Your translation is good, but you might also consider using "advertisements" and "employment opportunities." The fact that you are advertising employment is already understood.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  4. Nurja Senior Member

Spain
    Spanish- Spain
    I'm talking about text types that my students will deal with, so I think "employent opportunities" wouldn't fit that context, woud it? I think Aztlaniano's suggestions are more suitable.

Thanks a lot!

5. aztlaniano

aztlaniano Senior Member

Lavapiestán, Madrid
    English (Aztlán, US sector)
    Por cierto, "adverts" se dice en inglés británico, "ads" en inglés americano, "advertisements" en ambos, pero con la tónica en la segunda en el inglés británico, en la tercera en inglés americano, habitualmente.