Apps created with the WordReference API

Discussion in 'Comments and Suggestions' started by mkellogg, Sep 15, 2011.

1. mkellogg Administrator

South Florida
    English - US
    Hi everybody,

If you have used the API to create an application, please post the link to it here in this thread!

Mike

2. jfbouverat New Member

Français-France
  3. stellee_dkly New Member

French
  4. fabrizzin New Member

Spain - Spanish
    Hi everybody.

I've recently created an API key. It works perfectly when I type it directly in the browser. The problems comes when I use this:

$.getJSON('_ttp://api.wordreference.com/{my_api_key}/json/enes/green',
    function(data){
    alert(data);
    });

The error I'm getting says:
    XMLHttpRequest cannot load _ttp://api.wordreference.com/c4de4/json/enes/green. Origin my_web page is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.

Did I miss anything when creating de API key?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  5. joe former WR staff

English - American
    Hi fabrizzin,

Try this:

$.getJSON('http://api.wordreference.com/{my_api_key}/json/enes/green?callback=?',
    function(data){
    alert(data);
    });

jQuery should feed the API response into your callback function if you include the callback key in the querystring.

Take a look at the jQuery.getJSON() documentation for more information, in particular the example section.

Joe

6. fabrizzin New Member

Spain - Spanish
    Thank you very, very much Joe. Now it's working! :)

7. rkadeFR New Member

French
    Hello everyone,
    I've developed a Qt Application in CLI in order to translate inside your shell with this api ; )
    My app is on github : QTranslateWordreference
    Enjoy ; )

I'm facing some trouble with the spanish dictionary, but in general, it's working well : )

Please, let me know what you think of my app.

Thank you

8. guidupuy New Member

French
    Howdy all,

We've developed a new video player with an English-learning twist, called fleex. Fleex fetches subtitles for you, and then uses them to help you get better at English - we do things like adaptative subtitles, clickable words (translations provided by wordreference!), idioms recognition, etc. Fleex is a free product, and can be downloaded over at fleex.tv.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

9. YassESN New Member

French
    Hello I Would like to developp a simple Delphi Console App using WR API. Can anybody help? I'm a beginner in the developping thing. Thank you in advance for your help

10. Odonno New Member

French
    Hello,

I have developped Modern WordReference app for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.
    W8 app is available here : apps.microsoft.com/windows/fr-fr/app/modern-wordreference/a687ccbf-c4b2-4e9d-ae5f-4d70a61d746c
    WP8 app will be available soon.

11. sabasis New Member

English
    Hello! I want the phonetic translation of a word. Take the word apple for example. I would like to translate it to french: pomme and display the phonetic translation of the word (screenshot attached). Screen Shot 2013-12-28 at 5.50.19 PM.png Does the api allow me to do this? Please any help would be appreciated. This is integral to my project.

12. Odonno New Member

French
    WP8 app is now available here : windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/wordreference/acfdef99-3220-4f5f-b481-50904f0e4604

Indeed, the API doesn't provide the phonetic translation. It could be a good idea to integrate it.

13. mkellogg Administrator

South Florida
    English - US
    I'm sorry, but I don't expect that we will be adding pronunciation anytime soon.