1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

apre il tuo cuore

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by dbdisandat, Jun 15, 2007.

1. dbdisandat New Member

USA, American English
    Hello all, what a wonderful resource! I'm a quilt artist and have replicated in fabric a charm my SO gave me, a key with a heart. The key is inscribed: 'apre il tuo cuore.'

I've searched all your references and found them very helpful, but have not found the exact translation of this phrase. I thought it meant 'key to my heart' but see that it is more likely 'open your heart' or 'to open your heart.' I'm assuming it is a colloquial phrase, can someone be more precise, please?

I will be embroidering many of the phrases I found on this wonderful site on my quilt, but want to title my work with the exact phrase on the key. Thanks for your help!

DBdisandat

2. IlPetaloCremisi

IlPetaloCremisi Senior Member

Italia
    It means "it opens your heart".

Welcome! =)

3. girlfromengland Junior Member

uk
    UK, English
    'open your heart'

4. IlPetaloCremisi

IlPetaloCremisi Senior Member

Italia
    Bu the subject here would be "you", while in "apre il tuo cuore" the subject is the key.

5. dbdisandat New Member

USA, American English
    Thanks very much! My replica does not include the words that are on the charm, I'm going to embroider some of the love phrases I found here.

One other question....is there a website where I would find the lyrics to Zucchero's Overdose d'Amore, The Ballads music CD?

Thanks again,
    DBdisandat

6. girlfromengland Junior Member

uk
    UK, English
    oops sorry, did that a bit quickly! thanks :eek:

7. dbdisandat New Member

USA, American English
    Thanks all for your help with my 'apre il tuo cuore' translation. I realize I should have posed this question under a new 'thread'....

Is there a website where I would find the lyrics to Zucchero's music as published on his CD, 'Overdose d'Amore, The Ballads' ???

Thanks again for your help....
    DBdisandat