argumento hilado con cada numero del montaje

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by vinotinto1987, Feb 3, 2010.

1. vinotinto1987 New Member

Valencia, Spain
    English- USA
    I am trying to translate a document for work and I don´t even understand the general idea of this sentece. The company does retreats and teambuilding weekends through games, activities and skits, if that is of any help.
    "Vamos a plantearos un espectáculo genérico a falta de conocer los premios y poder crear un argumento hilado con cada número del montaje."

Please help!! thanks :)

2. maidinbedlam

maidinbedlam Moderanged

Vigo, Galicia
    Spanish - Spain
    ...so that we can create a coherent plot that connects all the numbers in the show?
    Sorry, the sentence in Spanish doesn't make much sense to me.

3. vinotinto1987 New Member

Valencia, Spain
    English- USA
    Thank you so much. I know, it is quite confusing, I deal with this on a daily basis. I think I may have translated the sentence, maybe this is what is means?

We are going to immerse ourselves in a grand spectacle with one common theme, without divulging to the group what each individual prize is, but we will create a coherent plot that connects all the numbers in the show. ​

4. maidinbedlam

maidinbedlam Moderanged

Vigo, Galicia
    Spanish - Spain
    Yes, that is a fine translation, considering what you have. "A falta de conocer los premios" confuses me; it suggests that the speaker doesn't know what the prizes are either. But surely you know better about the style and the background information.
    Good luck, and welcome :)