asistiendo hasta el día...

Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by Ecuanime, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Ecuanime Junior Member

North Carolina
    English (U.S.)
    "El sujeto número **** asiste a su visita 3 programada para el día 16 de mayo de 2012, fuera del periodo de ventana asistiendo hasta el día 05 de junio de 2012, debido a que no tenía transporte, por lo cual se salió dos semanas de ventana"

I was wondering if someone could clarify "asistiendo hasta el día 05 de junio de 2012", is it referring to the subject attending on the 5th of June, or is it saying that the window period lasted until the 5th of June?

Thank you in advance for you help!!

2. -CAIN- Senior Member

Presumiblemente en Chile
    Chile, Castellano (Spanish)
    Hello
    I think that it' s not good written.
    I don't understand it neither.

I Think it's referring to subjet attending until June 5th.

(Please, don't forget to correct my English mistakes)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  3. LVRBC Senior Member

English-US, standard and medical
    As I read it, it says that the appointment was scheduled for May 16, that the "subject" actually did not arrive until June 5 (due to transportation difficulties) which was 2 weeks outside the window period.

4. Ilialluna

Ilialluna Senior Member

Madrid
    Español-España
    Hola. Para mí, la frase está mal redactada. Creo que debería ser así: "El sujeto número **** asiste a su visita 3, programada para el día 16 de mayo de 2012, fuera del período de ventana, no asistiendo hasta el día 05 de junio de 2012, debido...".
    Saludos.

5. Ecuanime Junior Member

North Carolina
    English (U.S.)
    ¡Gracias CAIN, LVRBC y Ilialluna por su ayuda!

6. Bill Osler

Bill Osler Senior Member

North Carolina, USA
    English, USA
    I can't add anything to the translation. I don't understand the original phrase either; however, in line with the requested feedback:

7. Ilialluna

Ilialluna Senior Member

Madrid
    Español-España
    And wouldn't it be "I don't understand it either"?.

8. -CAIN- Senior Member

Presumiblemente en Chile
    Chile, Castellano (Spanish)
    Thanks a lot Bill for your corrections.

El párrafo en español está muy mal redactado. Es muy difícil encontrarle sentido.

Saludos

9. Bill Osler

Bill Osler Senior Member

North Carolina, USA
    English, USA
    Thanks. Of course you are correct. That was before I had my morning coffee, and the use of "neither" in that fashion is all too common among native speakers where I live so it did not register at first.