1. The WordReference Forums are under attack from some Korean spammers.

We have created a filter that requires moderation intervention for all messages with Korean characters from new users. The impact should be minimal, but posts from new users will only appear after a few minutes delay.

ask someone to join a research study

Discussion in '한국어 (Korean)' started by Michael Gallagher, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew an informal way to ask someone to join a research study. I have a more formal variety outlining my study (
    본 연구는 인문학 대학원생들이 학업을 목적으로 사용하는 모바일 기술 활용도를 알아보는 설문 조사입니다) and I wanted to ask (for a poster or in an email) people to join. I think
    내 연구에 참여하시기 바랍니다 sounds incorrect. Any ideas for asking someone to join? Ideally short enough to include on a poster! Thanks everyone! Hope all is well!

2. chemnerd Junior Member

korean
    Hi Michael

많은 참여 부탁드려요 or 참여 부탁드립니다!!! would be fine if uni students need to put a sticker on the poster.

Yes, we don't say 내 연구에 참여하시기 바랍니다. You can change it to 설문에 참여 바랍니다 or 설문에 참여 부탁드립니다. but it still sounds formal though

3. Many thanks for that! Very kind of you to post and let me know. I will stick with the less formal variety you posted as I don't want it to be too formal for students. Thanks again!