1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

attaccare addosso

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by Perception, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Perception Senior Member

Portugal
    Ciao a tutti,

Ho qualche problemi per capire cosa significa significa "attacare addosso" in questo contesto:

«Ho voluto tuffarmi nell’esperienza e non tornerò piú a far calcoli sul prezzo che di colpo, senza potermi sottrarre, mi verrà attaccato addosso come se fosse il marchio del mio errore.»

This sounds terrible, I guess, but did I understand it correctly?

" I wanted to plunge in the experience and I won't make calcules about the price that, suddenly, without being able to evade myself, will be put on me as if it was the imprint of my error"

Grazie

2. TimLA

TimLA Senior Member

Los Angeles
    English - US
    Ciao!
    Vediamo...

Ho voluto tuffarmi nell’esperienza e non tornerò piú a far calcoli sul prezzo che di colpo,
    senza potermi sottrarre, mi verrà attaccato addosso come se fosse il marchio del mio errore.

I wanted to plunge into the experience and not look back to calculate the price of suddenly
    not being able to rescue myself, and the error will be stuck to me, as though it were a permanent mark.

Wow...great sentence.
    I've made it a bit figurative.
    I guess I'm having problems with that "torneró" - I wonder if it's one of those "future in the past" constructions.

Let's see what the experts say...

3. Necsus

Necsus Senior Member

Formello (Rome)
    Italian (Italy)
    Hi, Tim! No, it simply means 'non farò mai più calcoli...' ;)

4. Perception Senior Member

Portugal
    Thank you so much TimLA.
    I must say: Wow...great sentence!
    You helped me a lot, I was not getting the meaning at all, so thank you, thank you.