Discussion in 'Português (Portuguese)' started by William Stein, Jun 14, 2013.

1. William Stein Senior Member

San Jose, Costa Rica
    American English
    Does anybody know the term "auto-conceito"?

A exigência de uma mobilização constante de um quadro experienciai, a interacção significativa entre as necessidades dos aprendentes e as abordagens temáticas, a construção de uma relação facilitadora do ***auto-conceito***, entre outros, são princípios que assumem o carácter de requisitos mínimos na educação dos adultos.

The need for constant mobilisation of an experiential framework, the important interaction between the learners’ needs and thematic approaches, ***building a relationship that facilitates thinking for oneself???***, among other things, are principles that constitute minimum requirements for adult education.
  2. englishmania

englishmania Senior Member

European Portuguese
    Eu fui apenas ao google.

3. William Stein Senior Member

San Jose, Costa Rica
    American English
    Thanks again. I searched Burns (1986) and found this title: Burns, R. (1982)."Self-Concept Development and Education", so I guess I'll translate it as "a relationship that facilitates self-concept development"
  4. Translator33

Translator33 Senior Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    English- American
    Bom dia,

I am just learning Portuguese. However, I am fluent in Spanish and can read Portuguese well. If I were to translate that part of the sentence into English, I think I would lean towards:

..."building a relationship that promotes self-esteem..."

I understand that "esteem" may not be the literal translation of "conceito" but I think it captures the sense and meaning of the whole phrase better.

Just a thought ;)