1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Automatic machines with customers

Discussion in 'Financial Terms' started by Carol_Thatter, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Carol_Thatter Senior Member

Caballito, Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Castellano - Argentina
    Hi all! I'm translating a Corporate Policy regarding Capital Assets into Spanish and need help with this.

"A CER is not required for 'Automatic Machines with Customer'. In the normal course of business, Automatic Machines create a direct revenue billing and the accounting treatment is only transferring Inventory to the Fixed Asset account 'Automatic Machines with Customers'. If the equipment is required for internal manufacturing purposes, then a CER is not required."

I have no clue how to translate it, does anyone know if this is a common term or should I go for the word by word translation? 'Máquinas Automáticas con Clientes' does not sound good to me for some reason...

Thank you! :)

2. Sherlockat

Sherlockat Senior Member

Australia
    Castilian (Patagonian)
    The only "logic" way (for me) to understand this would be:
    "facturación automática" or "automatizada" or the likes.

3. Carol_Thatter Senior Member

Castellano - Argentina
    Thank you for your reply Sherlockat! I feel better now for not finding reason in this :p

4. RicardoElAbogado Senior Member

SF Bay Area, California
    American English
    The text you quote sounds like it was translated poorly from another language into English!

5. Carol_Thatter Senior Member

Castellano - Argentina
    The more I get into it, the more I think that was what happened Ricardo... but it's supposed to have been written by the US Headquarters :confused: