1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

axioma de un programa

Discussion in 'Computers/IT/Informática' started by John R, Feb 5, 2013.

1. John R Senior Member

England English
    Hi All,

Can anybody give me some ideas for the following sentence in english.

Here's the origina Spanish:

En programación lógica, no puede preguntarse si un axioma de un programa es verdad bajo alguna interpretación de los símbolos del programa y si ciertas declaraciones lógicas son consecuencia del programa.

My attempt so far is:

In logic programming, it can/may be asked whether a program axiom is true according to any interpretation of the program symbols and if certain logical declaration are a consequence of the program.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions

2. phantom2007 Senior Member

Madrid
    spain, Spanish
    In logic programming, the validity of a program axiom cannot be checked on the base of any interpretation of the program symbols and it cannot be asked whether certain logical declarations are consequences of the program.

3. John R Senior Member

England English
    Hi Phantom,

thanks very much for your reply it sounds very good.

I should point out for future reference that I made an error in the original sentence and it should read:

uno puede preguntarse si un axioma de un programa es verdad bajo alguna interpretación de los símbolos del programa y si ciertas declaraciones lógicas son consecuencia del programa.

4. phantom2007 Senior Member

Madrid
    spain, Spanish
    the meaning is the opposite now. Have to reformulate the translation.I come back layer, too busy right now.